Our priority practice areas and special projects include:
• Consumer Law -- debt collection, foreclosure, payday and auto title loans, garnishment, and bankruptcy.
• Disabled Offenders Economic Security Project (DOES) - helping get disability benefits and health insurance to people who are disabled when they are coming out of prison
• Driver's Licenses, Professional Licenses, Criminal Records and Employment - Helping people get a Clean Slate
• Elder Rights Project -- Civil legal aid for elder abuse victims.
• Eviction Defense Project -- Special project for Milwaukee and Dane County evictions.
• Family Law -- Protective restraining orders, divorce, custody, child support, and other family law problems for domestic violence victims.
• Farmworkers -- Employment laws, housing conditions, public benefits, unemployment compensation and other issues affecting Wisconsin's farmworkers.
• Government/Public Benefits (Welfare) and Health Law -- Wisconsin Works (W-2), Child Care Assistance, BadgerCare, Food Stamps, Title 19 or Medicaid, Kinship Care, Unemployment Compensation and other government benefit programs.
• Housing Law -- help with subsidized housing, lockouts, security deposits, eviction, promises to repair, and earnest money.
• Human Trafficking Project
• Low Income Tax Clinic (LITC) - resolving tax disputes with the IRS
• SeniorLAW -- legal aid for Milwaukee County residents who are age 60+
• Social Security
• Veterans - helping veterans and their families when they face a civil legal problem.