Barriers to Employment
Our Employment Priority Committee works to resolve civil legal problems that are barriers to work. Our goal is to improve our clients’ ability to get and keep family-sustaining jobs.
Most often, our Road to Opportunity Project focuses on these types of cases:
- Inaccurate or misleading criminal records or arrest records
- Denials or revocations of occupational licenses – such as child care, bus driver, nursing assistants & caregivers
- Driver’s license revocations and suspensions
- Excessive child support arrears
- Evictions or foreclosures
To get help with a civil legal problem that is a barrier to work, contact a Legal Action office.
Or, to get help with driver's license recovery in Milwaukee, contact the Center for Drivers License Recovery and Employability. The Center is a public-private partnership that includes Legal Action, Wisconsin Community Services, Milwaukee Area Technical College. and the City of Milwaukee.