Our Housing Priority Committee works to:
- Secure and protect safe, affordable and decent housing
- Prevent homelessness and eviction
- prevent and protect against foreclosures
- Ensure that government enforces tenant protection laws
- Secure and protect tenants’ rights to public and subsidized housing
Most often, our Housing Priority Committee handles cases where landlords and housing authorities violate laws and regulations in:
- Denying public and subsidized housing
- Terminating public and subsidized housing
- Promises to repair
- Security Deposits
- Earnest Money
- Foreclosing mortgages
If you are being evicted in Milwaukee County, please see the Eviction Defense Project.
If you are a low-income person with a different housing law problem or in a different county, contact Legal Action to learn whether we can help.