Exit Site
  • + languages
    • idiomas
    • ñÚÙËÉ
    • cov lus
    • lus Nplog
    • áÛÇÊ
  • Need Help?
  • facebook
  • search
Home : Contact Us : Milwaukee & Waukesha Office

Milwaukee & Waukesha Office


Phone and Fax Numbers:

855-947-2529 (General Calls)

414-278-7722 (local office line for current clients)
FAX: 414-278-7126

Our offices are closed on Monday, January 16 for MLK Day of Service. We will reopen on Tuesday, January 17


Office Location:  633 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 2000, Milwaukee, WI 53203 

Street parking is available and several Milwaukee County Transit System bus lines/stops are within a block of our office.

*Please note, we are no longer located at 230 W Wells St. Our current and correct address is 633 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 2000, Milwaukee, WI 53203. 

Counties Served: 

  • Milwaukee
  • Waukesha

Phone Intake:  Our Milwaukee office conducts most intake for potential clients over the phone.
Potential clients may call Legal Action's Milwaukee office between 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Check this link for a list of cases that we typically handle.

In-Person (Walk-in) Intake:   We do offer some in-person intake for potential clients who have a problem with a government benefit (welfare) problem and for people over 60.

Government Benefits (W-2, Child Care Assistance, Food Stamps, Kinship Care, and Other Benefits); Health Insurance(BadgerCare, Title 19 or Medicaid); and SSI/SSD-I Denials: Potential clients with a government benefits problem may walk-in to our Milwaukee office on Tuesdays or Thursdays from 1:30 - 4:30 p.m. We also see government benefits clients at the 16th Street Community Health Center. Call Rhonda VanPembroook at 414-278-7722 for more information about appointments at 16th Street Community Health Center.

People over 60: Milwaukee County senior citizens may come to our Milwaukee Office on Tuesday mornings from 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. or on Thursday afternoons from 1:00 - 4:00 p.m.

Family Law: Due to severe funding shortages, our Milwaukee office does not offer in-person intake for family law problems. We can only take family law cases when they are referred from the Sojourner Truth Family Peace Center. (http://www.familypeacecenter.org/) Others may visit the Milwaukee Justice Center at the Milwaukee County Courthouse or visit their website (https://www.milwaukeejusticecenter.org/) for help with family law matters.

Housing Problems: If you have a Milwaukee County eviction, visit our Eviction Defense Project. Due to severe funding shortages, we do not offer walk-in intake for other housing law problems.