Elder Rights Project (Abuse in Later Life Victims)
No older adult in Wisconsin should be harmed in any way…ever. Please complete this form to report abuse and a team member from the Elder Rights Project will reach out to you for assistance. You can also call us toll free at 1-844-614-5468.
- "Everyone at ERP is FANTASTIC! Very compassionate, understanding, knowledgeable, and dedicated to us elders!"
- "I appreciated the kindness and patience shown me while helping me find answers."
- "Having someone knowledgeable to talk to meant a lot. I would call for help again if needed."
- "You have a wonderful program which I had no idea of the help I could receive and appreciate all of their assistance. It was very scary for me but [the advocate] was helpful and patient."
Legal Action of Wisconsin and Wisconsin Judicare are pleased to announce that we are now providing statewide civil legal aid to abuse in later life victims through our statewide Elder Rights Project (ERP). Victim advocates at The Elder Rights Project can help to plan for your safety, find safe housing, provide emotional support, and connect you with resources, referrals as well as legal services.
Eligibility Requirements: Wisconsin resident, 50 and older and a victim of a crime or abuse
If you feel that you are a victim of abuse or you believe it has been inflicted upon someone you know or love, the Elder Rights Project can help you regain control of your life. Call the Elder Rights Project today at 1-844-614-5468. Or, email us at Legal Action.
- Funding for the ERP to help abuse in later life victims is provided by fees and fines imposed on criminals through the Victims of Crime Act or VOCA.
- This project was supported by grant number 2018-EW-AX-K014, awarded by the Office on Violence Against Women, U.S. Department of Justice to the Wisconsin Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions and recommendations expressed in this publication are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women.