ATTENTION: Legal Action is limiting operations in reponse to the COVID-19 emergency. Please see details on our COVID-19 / Coronavirus Response Plan page under the "Contact us" heading.
Veterans Homelessness Prevention Services: No Veteran should be homeless. We partner with the Center for Veterans' Issues (CVI) and the US Department of Veterans Affairs' Supportive Services for Veterans Families Program to bring Legal Action lawyers to veterans and their families. Our goal is to help end veteran homelessness by getting and keeping the Vet and the family into permanent, stable housing.
Our Veterans Project attorneys:
- defend against evictions and resolve other housing law problems
- get and keep SSI/SSDI and other public benefits
- restore driver's licenses and resolve ordinance or traffic citations
- fix consumer law problems
- help get occupational licenses
- resolve child support problems.
Contact CVI at 414-345-3917 to determine if a Veteran or a Veteran's family is eligible for SSFV services and whether LAW can provide representation on their particular legal issue. By working together, we take another step toward our goal of ending Veteran homelessness.