This Internet Website Use Agreement (the "Agreement") is between you and Legal Action of Wisconsin ("LEGAL ACTION") with principal offices at 230 W Wells Street, Room 800, Milwaukee, WI 53203. Your use of the LEGAL ACTION website (the "website") is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
1. You agree to read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this website. Use of the website signifies your unconditional agreement to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, do not access or otherwise use this website. LEGAL ACTION reserves the right, at its sole discretion, from time to time, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this Agreement, in whole or in part, at any time.
2. The website, including the information, artwork, text, videos, graphics, images, pictures, audio and other materials (collectively known as the "Content") contained thereon, is protected by one or more copyrights pursuant to U.S. copyright laws, international conventions and other intellectual property laws. You will abide by any and all copyright notices, trademark notices, ownership information or restrictions contained in any Content on the website. You may download and make copies of the Content and other downloadable items displayed on this website, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. Copying or storing of any Content on the website for reproduction, redistribution or publication to third parties for commercial purposes is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from LEGAL ACTION.
3. LEGAL ACTION, at its sole discretion, may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the website at any time, including the availability of any website feature, forms, database or Content. LEGAL ACTION may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of the website without notice or liability.
4. LEGAL ACTION may gather, process and use information and materials received from you (e.g., name, physical address, e-mail address) or collected through your use of the website for any lawful reason or purpose. You agree that you shall not upload, post or transmit to or distribute or otherwise publish through the website any materials which:
i. restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the website;
ii. are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent;
iii. constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or governmental regulation;
iv. violate, plagiarize or infringe the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
v. contain a virus or other harmful or destructive elements;
vi. contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature;
vii. contain advertising of any kind; or
constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact.
You acknowledge that communications involving the website are not confidential and that communications may be read or intercepted by others. You acknowledge that by submitting communications to LEGAL ACTION, no attorney-client relationship, actual or implied, or any confidential, fiduciary, or other relationship is created between you and LEGAL ACTION.
5. The website may contain links to the other World Wide Web Internet sites and resources operated and controlled by parties other than LEGAL ACTION. Links to and from the website to such third party sites do not imply or constitute an endorsement by LEGAL ACTION of any third party material or contents and LEGAL ACTION does not assume any responsibility or liability for said third party material or contents.
6. LEGAL ACTION welcomes links to any part of the website from other nonprofits, government agencies, and others who seek to further the purpose of LEGAL ACTION. LEGAL ACTION reserves the right at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel and revoke any permission it may give to link to the website, with or without cause, without notice and without any liability. No link may present or display a product or activity in a way that states or implies LEGAL ACTION’s endorsement; display or use a link in manner that causes the website or any portion of its content to display within a frame, be associated with any advertising or sponsorship or otherwise incorporate the website contents into a third-party website;
i. alter, block or otherwise prevent the display of any content of the website; or
ii. link to any website that contains obscene, defamatory, harassing, offensive or malicious content. Strictly for the purposes of linking to the website, you are granted non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited and revocable license to use our name solely for the purposes of creating and describing the link.
7. LEGAL ACTION does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information displayed or distributed through the website. You acknowledge that any reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, memorandum, or information shall be at your sole risk. The website has been prepared for general information purposes only and is not legal advice and is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney. The law may vary from state to state and information on the website may not be accurate in your state or jurisdiction. The LEGAL ACTION website, including all content, functions, materials and information made available on or accessed through the Web Sute, is provided on an "as is" basis. To the fullest extent permissable by law, LEGAL ACTION makes no representation or warranties of any kind whatsoever for the content on the website of the materials, or information accessed through the website, for any links to third party websites. LEGAL ACTION shall not be liable for the use of the website, or any third party website accessed through the website, including, without limitation, the content and any errors contained therein.
8. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. You hereby agree and consent that the sole and exclusive jurisdiction for any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this agreement shall be an appropriate state or federal court located in the State of Wisconsin.
9. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between LEGAL ACTION and you with respect to your use of and access to the website. If for any reason a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of this Agreement, or portion thereof, to be unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give legal effect to the intent of the Agreement, and the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. In the event that LEGAL ACTION prevails in any legal action to enforce any of its rights against you, you will reimburse LEGAL ACTION for all cost and reasonable attorneys’ fees in pursuing such action.