Volunteer Lawyer Project
ATTENTION: Legal Action is limiting operations in reponse to the COVID-19 emergency. Please see details on our COVID-19 / Coronavirus Response Plan page under the "Contact us" heading.
Here's your chance to use your lawyering skills and truly make a difference.
The attorneys who volunteer their time through Legal Action's Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP) donate more than 9,000 hours of civil legal aid to Legal Action clients each year. Our volunteer lawyers help people like these:
The Benefits: Helping others, especially those who have no other options available, is often its own reward. However, volunteers in our projects gain far more than satisfaction. They also gain:
• Annual CLE training including professional-responsibilities training (FREE)
• Comprehensive practice manuals
• Experience in different areas of law
• Courtroom experience and client contact
• Malpractice insurance
• Projects and support to fulfill their pro bono obligations
• Flexibility - volunteers may accept or reject cases as their schedules allows
• Mentoring - work with attorneys who have years of experience with specific legal issues
To become a volunteer, complete the registration form here or call the VLP Project Coordinator at 414-278-7722 or toll free at 888-278-0633.